Sunday, November 22, 2009

7th review in-progress

Animal Collective required a lot of my attention, but now I move on to:

The albums Somebody Outside, Separation Road, and Halfway to Fivepoints by Anna Ternheim!

Prior Experience:
Artist- Fairly familiar with her work and sound
Albums- Listened mostly to Somebody Outside

This is the first case of genuinely familiar territory, though most of my attention has been given to Somebody Outside. The other two albums pose a slight problem, because they contain several of the same tracks (Halfway to Fivepoints was her US debut, comprised of a combination of some songs from the other albums, along with original material or songs found on EPs and singles) so I'll do both of those as a single entry. Anna released another album in 2008 entitled Leaving on a Mayday, which I will try to acquire to review by the time I finish with her other albums.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete